What type of vehicle do you drive and how is it adapted for you?
- I drive a Seat Alhambra with a driver's side Turny Evo and a customized solution with a winch to stow my wheelchair in the back seat.
How did you come up with this solution?
- I gave Autoadapts technicians a description of my needs together with some ideas I had on possible solutions. Autoadapt then developed and produced the solution for me. There aren't that many solutions in the market to stow light weight wheelchairs outside of the old disassemble and lift in by hand-method or unnecessarily powerful lifting devices that permanently occupies one of the seats. With this solution the transformation of the backseat between wheelchair storage and passenger seats and vice versa is a one minute job for anyone.
Is this your first adapted vehicle?
- I injured myself in 1982 so I've gone through four cars so far. The Alhambra will be number five.
What will be the main difference for you with this new adaptation?
- The way I enter the vehicle. In my previous car a Chevy van I could sit inside and make the transfer to the driver's seat. But then again the Alhambra has so many other advantages being a much smaller vehicle.
If you could choose freely where in the world would you take your adapted vehicle?
- I'd like to ride down to Austria, just to drive around and enjoy the scenery. I've been there before and I know it's a beautiful landscape to drive through.
When my eyes are satisfied I will continue to France, perhaps make a stop in a city and embrace the french lifestyle of "profiter de la journée".