What type of vehicle do you drive and how is it adapted for you?
- I have a 2014 Kia Cee’d station wagon. It is adapted with hand controls, steering wheel spinner, a driver’s side sliding plate and a wheelchair hoist in the trunk to facilitate loading and unloading of the wheelchair.
How did you come up with this solution?
- A therapist at the Gothenburg Mobility Centre assessed my wishes and needs.
Is this your first adapted vehicle?
- No, this will be my fourth adapted car.
What will be the main difference for you with this new adaptation?
- The biggest difference for me with this adaptation is that I have a hoist to lift my wheelchair. This helps me to avoid strenuous back and hip rotation. Sure, it might take a minute longer for me to get in and out of the car but does it matter when you can avoid wearing yourself out?
If you could choose freely where in the world would you take your adapted vehicle?
- If I got the opportunity I would go to Paris. I was there as a young boy but I will never forget going up in the Eiffel Tower together with my parents and younger brother. And the way they parked, astonishing!